Well done and thank you to everyone who ran the Holymoorside 10k and Fun Run 2016.
Record numbers entered both events with over 350 people in the 10k and over 100 Fun Runners. Even with the hot weather there were fantastic finishing times by the runners!
Congratulations to the winners of each category:
- Overall winner: Phil Skelton, Steel City Striders, 37.11
- 1st Female: Louise Perrins, Totley A.C., 45.29
- Veteran Male 40: Jason Bennett, Buxton A.C., 39.09
- Veteran Female 40: Sarah Harrington-Pollock, Unaffiliated, 49.18
- Veteran Male 50: Mark Jacobi, Totley A.C., 42.05
- Veteran Female 50: Cindy Woodhead, Unaffiliated, 50.30
- Veteran Male 60: Anthony Whitehouse, Totley A.C., 41.03
- Veteran Female 60: Yvonne Twelvetree, Totley A.C., 50.41
- Junior Male: Niko Raine, Racing TNT, 47.32
- Junior Female: Abigail Norris, North Derbyshire R.C., 59.24
The events are organised by 1st Holymoorside Scout Group as part of their fundraising activities and the Group really appreciates your support.
10k Race results are available below:
We would like to thank everyone who supported our events. Special thanks to North Derbyshire Running Club members for their support in running the 10k and helping with marshals and equipment. Special thanks also to Don Longley of Totley Athletics Club for his advice and support with timing.
Thanks to all the volunteers who helped out on the day and made it a successful event. Without you all the event would not take place.
The events this year have been sponsored by Dales & Peaks Property Sales and Lettings and supported by Morrisons and we extend our thanks to both organisations.
We hope you all enjoyed the day and see you all again next year!
The Holymoorside 10K Race team
Under UKA Rules, Licence number 2016-23315